Baked veggie samosasIf you are looking for quick and easy dinner recipes and healthy snack recipes then you are on the right place,I am Aashiya Tongia from Indore,India brings weekly recipes for you which can be prepared instantly.
Ingredient For Filling
1/2 tbsp oil
4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
125 g boiled peas
1 onion finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic paste
1 thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger paste
1 fresh green chilli
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon garam masala
½ teaspoon lemon juice
½ teaspoon chopped coriander leaves
for the dough:
Maida / All purpose flour - 2 1/2cup
Baking Powder - 1/2 tsp
Ajwain seeds - 2 tsp
Water (room temprature) - 1 cup
Oil - 2 tbsp
Salt - to taste
1) In a medium sized bowl add flour, baking powder, salt, ajwain seeds, oil and mix well. Add water and knead to a dough. Make sure the dough is not too firm or too smooth, cover with a wet cloth and set aside for 30 mins
2) Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and transfer potatoes to a bowl; coarsely mash.
3) Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; cook and stir onions, coriander seed,garlic, ginger, salt, turmeric, cumin, green chilli, until onion is lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and stir peas into onion mixture; pour into mashed potatoes ,garam masala and lemon juice ,thoroughly mix. Cool completely.
4) Assembling the samosas: Roll the samosa dough into 4-5 inch circles, and cut the circle in half with a knife. Using a bit of water, take your semicircle and make a fold in the shape of a triangle. Seal along the fold.
5) Put this cone carefully between your thumb and index finger and place a ball of the filling inside. Wet your finger and run it along the edges of the dough with water and seal to enclose the stuffing, pinching the edges and folding over.
6) Once the samosas are assembled, cook at 350 Fahrenheit for 10 minutes on one side, then flip over and cook for 10 minutes on the other side.
7) Serve the samosas hot out of the oven with the mint cilatro dipping sauce.
If you enjoyed our quick and easy dinner recipesand healthy snack recipes or want to give any feedback then we welcome your suggestions and comments